HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistGalleryUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SK8

PostSubject: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Possibly the most exciting thing in Yarnie history. Dave checked in on Twitter as a Stupefying Yarns fan from way back. We reached out and he has graciously agreed to sketch and sign at our booth!!!!! Fingers crossed he'll do some Stupefying Yarns characters.

If I HAVE to introduce him he did the art for WATCHMEN and a million other things. He did the SUPERMAN story "For the Man who Has Everything" about Superman's birthday and came up with the Secret Service which is what they adapted for the KINGSMAN movies, and THE ORIGINALS which I need to read.

Loggerhead wrote a press release and we sent it out today but the basic thing is Saturday October 6 and our booth (#401), 2-3pm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loggerhead

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am

I can't believe it even though I helped set it up! I can report he's both a gentleman and a fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YankeeWhite

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am

Really awesome news! Incredibly talented artist you got.

In slightly related news that border's on conspiracy theory... Mr Gibbons is a Creative Advisor at Magic Leap! First the Rory guy and now this. Something is up with Magic Leap and SY, there has to be.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mjandersen

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:54 pm

While I'll be missing the two signings (only snagged tickets for Thursday), the Security Protocols thread implies you'll be there on Day One, so I'll be sure to stop by and get some pictures out to the broader Yarnie community, conference data bombardment allowing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwho2100

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 am

An early thank you to all going who share photos and intel on what they find!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oyml

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:42 am

Agree. Since I won't be able to attend, hopefully you guys can catch us up on anything I might miss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!   

Back to top Go down

DAVE GIBBONS will sign at our booth at Comic Con. Update: and Dennis Calero AND Mike McKone. See schedule thread!!!!
Page 1 of 1