0%
 0% [ 0 ]
White Queen of the North
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Loggerhead

PostSubject: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 pm

A *major* lost chapter in American fantasy. A deeper world than anything Robert E. Howard or Dunsany or even Lovecraft gave us. Realpolitik, mysterious cults, and axe-wielding mayhem!

We (aka a shadowy cabal) picked our top five issues - now you can vote for the best. May the Secret Masters bless your favorite.

Feel free to argue for your favorite in the comments...that's why we have them :-)

Last edited by Loggerhead on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inflictress1

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Heretic of Moros. His speech at the trial - "now who is the true Moros, you or I?" And at the end when the clockwork starts moving again...!!! 

Most incredible though - years later I was in Mexico at Chichen Itza and I swear it was the same skyline. Imagine doing that level of research in those times. That's why we show up for the Yarns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigAppleYarnie

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:47 pm

The Apatite Conundrum.

I can't bring myself to reveal it but...I remember reading it under the covers with a flashlight and I literally gasped at the last panel. And then I had to go back through and figure out how he knew it was the fake Esme. Genius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkyBandit

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 pm

+1 .  I always loved when the Apate showed up. Taught me a good lesson: no one is who they seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SK8

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Vengeance! So I never actually read it but great-uncle Spink told me the story a hundred times. I think Esme's underrated anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPINK_

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:23 am

Vengeance indeed! I love it when Esme gets the spotlight and it's a part of Old Gnarly I hadn't seen before. 

For those who don't know, Esme and Thor'Ax journey to the southern seas and we get a piece of Esme's story. She left the place chained to an oar thanks to her husband's treachery and returns with vengeance on her mind. You've rarely seen a more satisfying ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VenusOrBust

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:13 pm

I don't know about *best*, but White Queen of the North was my *favorite*.

Thor'Ax is called home to the White Wastes, where we find - shocker! - he is supposed to marry this albino princess type. Give the girl credit, she can wear a mini-dress in a blizzard and make it look good, but her heart is colder than the Caves of Ice. Hijinks ensue, obviously.

I always thought EVERYBODY knew this is where they stole the plot for AMOK TIME from, but the Trekkers will never admit it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story   

Back to top Go down

Poll: Tales of Old Gnarly - vote for the best story
Page 1 of 1